So much is happening at the moment!
- I wanted to attend the GROW SA fundraiser later this month but I’m now booked on that night – Sat Aug 8th. They are inviting people to join them for a night at the Capri Theatre to see “Last Cab to Darwin”. I’m happy to pay for a ticket and if you’re short of cash and want a night out, you’re welcome to attend in my name. 🙂 First in, best dressed. Send me an email email@example.com
All details on their Facebook event page.
Looking for Information:
I’m hoping to learn more about these topics – if you have some experience or knowledge, please get in touch and share it with me 🙂
- Patreon as a funding model for someone like me – blogger, artist etc – upsides, potential pitfalls and so on
- Social entrepreneurs and responsible business design/development/growth/resources
- Voluntary Simplicity
- Circles of Support
- I’m developing a Charter of Rights which would apply equally to all in one of my networks, the Dissociative Initiative. I’ve started a small fb group for those who are interested in developing it to completion – so if you’re interested in giving feedback, working on wording the phrases, or looking for other Rights type documents eg human rights, child rights etc and linking them in so we can learn from them. Potentially this will lead to a charter for all my networks and resources – please join up! This will be a short term task force, once we’ve finished putting the charter together we’ll disband. You can also leave at any time.
Charter of Rights
Facebook Project Group
- I’m also exploring models of formal support for people who are isolated or having a rough time. Again this is being done with the Dissociative Initiative so our first trials would probably be with people who experience multiplicity but the model we develop should hopefully be useful more broadly too. This will be a short term task force, once we’ve finished putting the charter together we’ll disband. You can also leave at any time. Our facebook group is:
- I have also created a new Network – there’s been a call lately for a central database of resources around managing medications. I’ve linked information together to create Orange Bottles
orangebottles.wordpress.com Please check it out, share it, and send any feedback or resources to add to me here, through my personal Facebook page (I’m happy to friend anyone), or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Homeless Care SA network is in the early stages of growth with people sharing links and ideas from elsewhere about what might be useful locally for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. If you’re interested or already involved in this field, please join up!
Homeless Care SA website
Homeless Care SA facebook group
Other Projects or Info:
Story City is coming to South Australia! Seeking Writers, Illustrators, Digital Artists, Musicians and Composers to bring an exciting new digital platform to Adelaide.
- Working with queer young people workshop
“Queer young people often face unique relational and social challenges, with traditional understandings of gender, sexuality and identity often having marginalising effects on their lives and relationships. This workshop will examine professional and cultural discourses that influence our ideas about gender, sexuality and identity, and by linking conceptual resources with dialogical practice, Julie will help you put queer theory into therapeutic action.” Enquiries to Winny on (08) 8202 5272, or email: WinnyM@unitingcommunities.org
This workshop is being held and co-hosted by Uniting Communities
Posted by Dulwich Centre Foundation on Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Secrets in the Dark: An Upcoming Art Project between artists Chunny Baker and Penelope May
“Secrets in the Dark is an exhibition in planning in which participants uncover secrets and their consequences hidden through UV materials and similar devices. This project aims to explore the act of discovering, and the hidden layer of complexity in everyday life that secrets add. This will be done through illustrated interpretations of real peoples secrets that we hope to collect in this survey.”
- Natural Care suggestions for Endometriosis from Beyond Meds
- New Screen Makers Conference: How to Cut Through in a New World
“The New Screen Makers Conference brings some of the country’s most successful practitioners together to talk about their experiences, contemporary pathways and how to monetise screen content. In this fast-paced 1.5 day event, you’ll learn how to create, produce, and monetize successful short and long content and get the industry insider secrets from broadcasters, producers and distribution powerhouses. So, who’s ready to take the leap?”
- 5 Big Benefits of Being a Doodler
- Artist in Residency Opportunities
We are offering two artist in residence opportunities that will be based at Sauerbier ArtHouse – the newly renovated contemporary art space in Port Noarlunga.Artists residing within the City of OnkaparingaSeptember-November 2015 and December 2015-February 2016
Expressions of interest close: 5pm Wednesday 15 July 2015Artists residing outside of the City of OnkaparingaSeptember-November 2015 and December 2015-February 2016
Expressions of interest close: 5pm Wednesday 15 July 2015Both artist briefs an be found here:
- Willing to Work: National Inquiry into Employment Discrimination against Older Australians and Australians with Disability
Submissions now open
- Alternative Homes: Couple who were fed-up with the cost of renting spend £10,000 to create the flat of their dreams – in the back of an old white VAN