I have personal experience of psychosis as well as experience in supporting others personally and professionally. I’m navigating psychosis with a minimum of fuss in my own life, and find that it’s a valuable gift, part of my arts practice and my connection to my inner world. That doesn’t always make it easy, but I’m glad to experience it and no longer afraid of it.
I also founded the SA Hearing Voices Network which has more information, links, and free resources: www.hvnsa.org.au
This list provides links to my most popular posts about psychosis. If you find it helpful, please consider supporting me. Thanks!
- Hearing Voices Information
- What’s it like to have hallucinations?
- Should we be afraid of psychotic people?
- Is Schizophrenia having ‘Multiple Personalities’?
- A poem by my voice
- Psychosis (my first episode)
- Where does my psychosis come from?
- My approach to first episode psychosis
- On Thin Ice (my second episode begins)
- Still Here
- Dark Body Painting Self Portraits
- A second experience of psychosis (end of the second episode)
- When sanity is lethal and madness has value
- I’ve always been a creative person – Lady Gaga
- Parts vs Voices?