I was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (‘multiple personalities’) in 2007. I am still multiple but now live well, no longer impaired or distressed. As a result, I don’t fit the DID diagnosis any more. We don’t have a language established for people like me, so I’ve developed my own.
I run a worldwide network called the Dissociative Initiative, visit that website for more information, links, and free resources: www.di.org.au
This list provides links to my most popular posts about multiplicity. If you find it helpful, please consider supporting me. Thanks!
- About Multiplicity
- Introducing DID
- I am not Sarah
- Common DID Myths
- Countering DID Myths – we’re not all the same
- Multiplicity Crisis Information
- Power Shifts in a multiple system
- How do I know I’m multiple?
- Is naming parts harmful?
- What is co-consciousness?
- What is co-fronting and blending?
- Parts getting stuck
- Mapping your system
- Rapid switching
- Multiplicity and relationships
- Multiplicity and love
- Is Schizophrenia having ‘Multiple Personalities’?
- Is DID Iatrogenic?
- Awesome Quote: Grand Adventure (or my philosophy of multiplicity in a nutshell)
- Thoughts about peer work and DID and community
- When Multiplicity Doesn’t Protect Us
- What’s the Deal with Integration?
- People with Multiplicity are not Freaks
- Do you need a ‘DID expert’ therapist?
- Happiness (as a multiple)
- Using Anchors to Manage Triggers – Multiplicity
- Inner children – shame and threat
- What to do with a suicidal part
- United States of Tara
- Parts vs Voices?
- The Power of Art
- A poem conversation between parts
- Multiplicity and visibility
- Listening to your dreams
- The Void: dissociation, amnesia, and identity
- I’m Multiple and I Don’t Kill People
- Muse Magazine Interview: a day in the life of a multiple
- We are all Multiple, and so are the people who hurt us